Mauritius > LL.M. programme
Master of Laws (LL.M.)
A part-time LL.M. in International Business Law
- In Mauritius, the LL.M. (Legum Magister) in International Business Law is a part-time programme open to all and that can be completed within 9 months (January intake). Paris Bar School (E.F.B.) candidates can benefit from a special partnership and complete this LL.M. in 6 months (January intake only – see conditions below).
- Programme information
- Level: Postgraduate
- Duration: 9-month (E.F.B. candidates: 6 months)
- Delivery mode: flexible, evening classes
- Study method: face-to-face
- Intake: January 2023
- As is the case across all our international campuses (Dubai, Paris and Singapore), this LL.M. International Business Law is a ‘Diplôme d’Université’ Masters programme awarded by Paris-Panthéon-Assas University (Bac+5 level).
Benefits of doing the LL.M. part-time in Mauritius
The LL.M. will give you an in-depth understanding of some of he most important and rapidly-changing fields of Law and a nuanced understanding of European legal system and culture. All of that in a serious, friendly and energetic atmosphere!
- Programme Highlights:
- Internationally renowned: France’s top law school, LL.M. taught in English;
- Open to all professional profiles and not exclusive to legal practitioners;
- Executive level programme: min of undergraduate degree + work experience required;
- International expertise: taught by Paris-Panthéon-Assas University lecturers and international experts.
The LL.M. in International Business Law will secure its graduate access to major European or African professional training schools, in particular Bar Schools, for students with a previous education in Law. It will also prepare students to enter legal departments of international companies, including students without previous experience in Law.
Paris Bar School (E.F.B.) Partnership
The LLM offers students of the Paris Bar School (EFB) the opportunity to complete their “P.P.I.” (Projet Pédagogique Individuel) abroad under optimal conditions. The course of study is arranged between January and June.
Evening classes allow EFB students to do a 3-month internship in a law firm or a company in Mauritius, practicing international business law. The internship is an integral part of the LL.M. and thus contributes to the validation of the PPI, in accordance with an agreement concluded in September 2019 between the Paris-Panthéon-Assas University and the EFB. In 6 months, EFB students can obtain an LL.M., complete an internship and validate their PPI abroad. For EFB student who does not want to pursue an internship, they will have to write a thesis under the supervision of one of the Professors in charge of the seminars.
- Prospective EFB students are allowed to apply for this LLM-PPI program before having the definitive results of the CRFPA exam.
- Online applications only – see details and application deadlines below
Syllabus – 200 hours of teaching
The LL.M. includes 200 hours of teaching, 10 courses of 10 hours each, each course paired with a seminar of 10 hours.
It will concentrate on case studies and deepen key legal subjects from a transversal and pluridisciplinary perspective. The course format for the modules involves 10 hours of lecture-style classes taught by a professor from Paris-Panthéon-Assas University, followed by 10 hours of seminar given by local/regional industry experts. There will be no dissertation or research work on this course, except for E.F.B. candidates (January intake) not pursuing an internship. Classes are taught in the evenings and on Saturday so as to suit the timetable of working professionals.
|Modules||ECTS credits||No. of Hours||Lecturers|
|International Contracts||6||20||M. Goré|
|Mergers and Acquisitions||6||20||A. Gaudemet|
|International Capital Markets||6||20||T. Bonneau|
|States and International Trade Law||6||20||S. Braconnier|
|Competition Law||6||20||L. Idot|
|International Financing||6||20||C. Kleiner|
|International Environmental Law||6||20||M. Laazouzi|
|International Arbitration||6||20||D. Cohen|
|International Tax Law||6||20||M. Collet|
|International IP Law||6||20||J.-Ch. Galloux|
Admission and fees for the LL.M. in Mauritius
Tuition fees: € 12,000 ; E.F.B. students: € 10,000
- August 31, 2022 (Mauritian & International Candidates, November 2022 intake)
- September 30, 2022 (EFB, French Bar students, January 2023 intake)
For more information, you can send a request to our Admissions Team.
Alumni Testimonial: what is it like to study on the LL.M.?
Download the LL.M. 2022-2023 brochure
To know more: